Sandra Todd Photography

Sandra Todd Photography

Monday, December 19, 2011

Carnation Petals

My cute husband gave me flowers today!  In the bouquet, there was a pink carnation with white tips on the petals.  I thought that the pattern the petals made was really beautiful.  I used the natural light coming in through the window, and took some close-ups.  I was really pleased with the turnout.  The color version of the photograph was very nice, but with the contrast of the dark pink and white, I decided to try a black and white version.  I loved it!  It almost looked like a drawing or painting, and all I did was convert it to black and white, no other special effects!  This was taken with a Nikon 18-55mm VR lens.  Oh, the fun I'll have when I get a real macro lens!

No comments:

Post a Comment