Sandra Todd Photography

Sandra Todd Photography

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Winter in Northern Utah

I took this photograph in early winter, when the autumn leaves left splashes of color in the winter snow.


I don't need much to catch my eye.  I loved the simple patterns in the branches and shadows that they cast on the snow.
One of the things that I love to photograph is the little details in nature.  I noticed this soft, curly seed pod on a tree as I was snowshoeing by.  The colors were bright and warm on a frosty winter day.
I walked up on this young moose bedded down in the snow.  I took a few photos before he stood up, put his head down and his ears back, clearly letting me know that he was not at all happy with me being there!  I have had enough run-ins with moose in my lifetime, to know that they don't mess around!  I heeded his warning, and moved on.
Bear Lake

The fog had left big frost crystals along the cracks in the ice.





No comments:

Post a Comment