Sandra Todd Photography

Sandra Todd Photography

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Antiqued

One thing about this time of year, is it gives me some time to learn and try new things.  While I love our beautiful winters here in Utah, it's still hard to get out as much as in the fairer weather months.  I have always loved old, worn and antiqued looking things.  I decided to start working on a series of photographs that have that same feel and look.  I guess I chose to start with this image because as the snow is falling outside, it brought back the memories of the day that I took this photograph.  On a warm afternoon in late September, I sat on a rock watching the bees and moths fly from one flower to another.  Sometimes fighting for the same blossom, they seemed almost desperate to prepare for winter.  I on the other hand, was content to sit for hours and observe, relax and photograph them in the warm autumn sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment