Sandra Todd Photography

Sandra Todd Photography

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Waiting for Spring

As I walked through a clearing in the pines, I found these two little snow covered trees. They looked to me like two friends, all cuddled up, waiting for spring.
 This time of the year is always hard for me.  I am tired of winter. I can't wait for spring to arrive! I can feel it in the air. So close, yet here in northern Utah, could still be many weeks away. It is a time that would be easy to just sit at home and wait out. I learned that for me, it is important to still get out and enjoy the season for exactly what it is. Don't waste time waiting for a better day. We had a spring storm drop some new snow in the mountains this week, so I decided to go up snowshoeing. What a beautiful and peaceful day it was. The fresh air, the cool breeze, the trees with a new blanket of white, what beauty I would have missed out on if I would have stayed home! There is something magical about making the first tracks in the untouched snow. Part of me felt bad for disturbing such perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment